Here is our guide to Bitcoin wallets. We will present the best wallets to store your crypto-money securely.
What is a crypto wallet or Bitcoin wallet?
A crypto wallet or a Bitcoin wallet is a software that allows you to send and receive crypto-money, such as Bitcoin, Ethereum etc. If you want to send and receive Bitcoin or any other crypto-money, you will need a crypto wallet.
What is the difference between an online and offline wallet?
The crypto wallets, or Bitcoin wallets allow you to store and secure your crypto-money, including Bitcoin, online or offline.
In the case of an online crypto wallet, your crypto-money will be stored on the platform of your choice.
In the case of physical wallets, your crypto-money is stored on a physical device. Your private keys are never exposed and you are protected from various threats (hacker, virus, malware…) that would try to steal your coins.
The best Bitcoin wallets online
When it comes to online wallets it is extremely important to choose a safe and secure platform with a good reputation.
We can no longer ignore the risks of hacking incurred by leaving our money on a cloud service, especially a crypto-shop. Indeed, it rarely happens a whole month without a service falling victim to a hack.
The eToro x wallet comes from the eToro broker, a trading platform with 11 million users and regulated by several financial authorities such as CySEC, FCA and ASIC.
eToro is a well-established platform that was launched in 2006. Their crypto-currency platform started in 2014 and the wallet service in March, 2019.
The eToro wallet supports Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ethereum (ETH) and Litecoin (LTC) and offers immaculate protection for users with 2-factor authentication (2FA) and multi-signature security to ensure the safekeeping of your assets. The portfolio is directly linked to the eToro trading platform.
eToroX wallet users can send and receive Bitcoin and crypto-money from their wallet, which offers a long term solution.
How do I create an eToro X Bitcoin wallet?
Opening a Bitcoin eToro X wallet and sending your cryptos is a very simple process. Just go to the eToro website and download the eToro Wallet application. It is available for iOS and Android.
eToro wallet will allow you to store more than 120 different crypto currencies from your smartphone. You will be able to buy, sell or exchange your currencies very easily.
75% of individual investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should ask yourself if you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Cryptoactives are highly volatile, unregulated investment products. No protection for EU investors.
In second place, we present the Coinbase portfolio, one of the most secure cryptographic portfolios without downloading.
This wallet offers a secure solution for storing more than 100,000 digital currencies, including major cryptos such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and ERC20 currencies.
The main advantage of the Coinbase wallet is the protection and security offered, which includes advanced security measures similar to hardware wallets such as Ledger Nano S or Trezor. The wallet can be used to receive or send crypto-currencies on other platforms.
The wallet also allows to interact with Ethereum-based DApps (decentralized applications) with its integrated DApp browser and is accessible on the Coinbase website, or on the application available for iOS or Android devices.
The best multi-currency and Bitcoin hardware portfolios
If you invest a lot of money and you are looking for a safe to store all your crypto-money, choose a hardware wallet. Below we list our top rated Bitcoin physical wallets for 2021.
- The Nano X Ledger is without a doubt the most accomplished physical wallet to secure one’s crypto-currency at the time I’m writing this (04/10/2019). Developed by the French startup Ledger, the device supports the majority of crypto-currencies, is easy to handle and offers many features, such as the ability to transfer tokens from your smartphone thanks to Bluetooth functionality. It uses a very secure storage system with its WYSIWYS paradigm and BOLOS technology. Our favorite (by far) this year.
- The Trezor Model T is probably the biggest rival of the Nano X. The flagship product of the SatoshiLabs company combines an intuitive interface and enhanced security. The wallet offers a beautiful screen with touch functionality and supports a very large number of crypto-currencies (more than 1000). An excellent wallet.
- The Nano S, also developed by Ledger, comes in 3rd position thanks to its low price. It is a rather simple but very functional wallet. Like its big brother, the Nano X, accepts almost all crypto-currencies. However, it has fewer features and a rather limited memory. In addition, it does not have a Bluetooth option. For people who don’t have the budget to turn to a Nano X, the Nano S is still an excellent choice.
- The Trezor, Satoshi Labs’ second wallet, has the look of a garage remote control, but underneath its rustic look is an efficient wallet. The wallet can be installed with an extension and has a screen a little less readable than the competition despite everything it does the work required and is quite renowned for its security level, for a very attractive price. Like the T model, the device supports more than 1000 crypto-actives, including Bitcoin. A luxury version in aluminum is currently available in a limited edition.
- The CoolWallet S is a hardware wallet developed by the Taiwanese firm CoolBitX supported by several giants including Bitmain. It allows to store Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ripple as well as ERC-20 tokens. Its particularity is that it is in credit card format so that it can be easily carried in a wallet and go unnoticed. It is also sold as water and fire resistant. An excellent product.
- Manufactured by the Archos company, the Safe T-mini was released in July 2018 and offers the possibility to store about ten crypto-currencies as well as Ethereum ERC-20 type tokens. Priced at 49.90€, it is the least expensive product in its category.
- The KeepKey is a little more expensive than the competition but opinions seem to be unanimous on it. Easy to use (just install an application from the Chrome store via the Chrome browser). It uses a very powerful secure key system and stores Bitcoin, Ethereum and about fifty tokens in ERC-20 format.
- The dual-chip architecture of the Blue Ledger provides a highly secure isolated system. The LED backlit display allows easy navigation to validate your transactions. It can communicate with devices having a USB port or Bluetooth, such as a computer or a smartphone. Thanks to its firmware, it is very modular. Its use is more business-oriented, especially for people with the utility of a large screen.